Friday 24 July 2009

Well...entries closed for this year!

Well, the entries for this year's cover star competition have closed and I have to say that I have been thrilled with the standard and the quantity of entries. It's a shame that we can only put 10 people through as there were so many fabulous entries. I think that the main differences from last year's lot (which were, let's not forget, very special and brilliant too) is that the quantity has gone up considerably, the age range has widened (which is great) and people's determination to get their entries in on time has made me smile as people really do want to enter the competition. This year we've had last minute phone calls, people delivering their entries by hand, frantic emails...I have to say that I wouldn't have been that surprised to see a carrier pigeon with an entry attached to it today! It's been really good to have so many keen people. The final 10 will be notified in the next few days but I would like to say (and I really do mean this) that if anyone is reading this who finds out that they didn't get through- please don't be disheartened and do enter again next year. I'd also like to thank everyone..the effort that has been put into some of the entries forms is brilliant...we've had personalised DVDs, poems, movies to music, stunt videos- the lot!

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted with he next stage of the competition...thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment